Jen's Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Interview on Technology Improvements

Ask a family member if the increase in technology has caused them any difficulties over the years.
I interviewed my Aunt Dawn. Of all of my aunts and uncles, my aunt Dawn is the only one who has not had to use the computer for a day to day job. I did not want to interview someone who has had a lot of experience with technology throughout their adult lives.
I asked my Aunt a few questions about her experience with technology over the years.
Question #1: What changes in technology have you seen or experienced throughout your life?
Answer: Well, a few years ago when cell phones became the new big thing, I felt a little lost and I would say that I felt a little unsettling to see young teenagers using their phone so quickly and easily and all I knew how to do was type in the number and press the call button.
Question #2: Have improvements in computer technology had an impact on any aspect of you life? Have you noticed an increase on computer technology?
Answer: Yes, I have definately recognized an increase in computer technology. Your Uncle Paul and I have had a computer in our house for years but still to this day I am only comfortable doing the basis computer tasks. I can send emails and use google.com but I would not say that I am very good at it.
Question #3: What impact does the computer have on your everyday life?
Answer: Well, I like to send emails to your mother and keep in touch with church. Whenever Katie (my cousin) needs to research something for school, I try to help her. But Katie knows how to use the computer better than I do! I know you and Mikie (my brother) must be professionals on the computer.
Question #4: Do you feel left behind with all of the technology improvements? Is there anything that you would like to learn a bit better?
Answer: I guess I do not feel 'left behind' per say but it is a bit discouraging somehting when I see young children walking around with the new state of the art cell phones and I still have this old brick. This is all I need tho since I would not know how to use a camera phone or send a text message...I think that is what it is called. Other than email, I'm not sure what else I would want to learn on the computer. I guess I would like to be able to help Katie a bit better whenever she gets on and needs help with something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home